Legendex Fitment Promise
Genie Performance Exhausts Pty Ltd (hereafter referred to as Genie) products are designed to fit standard vehicles. Some aftermarket accessories may cause fitment issues and require modifications.
The Legendex team have considered the most common modifications in their designs, but we can not guarantee fitment to modified vehicles. If a vehicle modification is impacting your fitment of a Legendex product, please contact customer service at email@example.com before making any changes to your vehicle or Legendex product.
Legendex 5 Year Limited Warranty
Genie Performance Exhausts Pty Ltd (hereafter referred to as Genie) warrants this exhaust system against defects in materials and workmanship for 5 years from the date of original purchase, while it is owned by the original purchaser (except when the warranty has been transferred and both the warranty and the transfer are valid) and remains installed on the original vehicle. The ceramic coating carries a 2 year limited warranty.
Please call us on (07) 3203 2333 if you have any warranty issues.
It is a condition of this warranty (and subject to the exclusions below) that:
- The faulty part(s) be returned, freight paid, to the Genie Distributor from whom the defective unit was purchased or to Genie at the address below. Genie distributors are qualified to validate all warranty claims, but Genie reserves the right to inspect all units claimed as defective for validation.
- A Genie Warranty Claim Form is presented with each defective unit and that all required information on the Warranty Claim Form has been completed. Warranty Claim Forms can be downloaded by clicking here or directly from Genie or their dealers.
- A copy of the Proof of Purchase document is attached to the Warranty Claim Form. The Proof of Purchase must clearly show the place, product purchased, price and date of purchase. If upon inspection by Genie the product is found to be defective in material or workmanship Genie shall reimburse the owner for shipping the product to Genie (limited to a reasonable road express freight value) and, at Genie’s option, exchange the product for new product with the same part number, repair, or refund the original purchase price. This warranty (without extensions) is not contingent upon the purchaser’s completion of the online Warranty Registration Form.
This warranty shall not apply to any product:
- installed improperly or contrary to Genie’s instructions, altered, modified, misused, or repaired by anyone other than a Genie approved repair shop.
- installed on a vehicle for which it was not designed, or used for a purpose for which it was not designed, or was removed from the vehicle on which it was originally installed and reinstalled on another vehicle.
- unable to be fitted because of, or damaged by, any after-market (not original equipment) part or accessory.
- ceramic coating or painted coating that is damaged, scratched, discoloured, stained, dulled or otherwise changed visually regardless of the cause. The ceramic coating warranty covers failure under normal use for loss of adhesion, flaking or peeling for 2 years from date of original purchase.
- damaged from accident, collision, undercarriage impact whether on-road, off-road, or by debris, or wilful or negligent act.
- if damaged by backfire or other faulty engine condition.
- if the vehicle was not properly maintained.
- if the vehicle was not operated according to the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- that shows evidence of improper tightening of the mounting bolts causing parts to fail, wear or bend.
- installed on any racing vehicle or 4WD trials vehicle.
- that has been exposed to salt or saltwater (please refer to the Genie website “409 Stainless FAQ” for best practices for maintaining your stainless exhaust system).
- installed on a vehicle that has been operated using fuel other than standard petrol or diesel fuel such as LPG, bio-diesel, nitrous, methanol or ethanol.
- installed on a vehicle that has engine modifications that significantly alter the normal operating ranges of exhaust velocities, temperatures or pressures.
Genie’s liability is expressly limited to the payment of the shipping costs (limited to a reasonable road express freight value within Australia) and the choice of replacement or repair of the product or refund of the purchase price as described herein which choice is solely determined by Genie. Genie shall have no liability for the cost of installation or removal of the defective product or for the cost of labour or any additional parts required to repair the vehicle, complete the installation of the replacement product, or towing or transportation costs. In no event shall Genie be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or damages to any persons, vehicles, property or business other than that which is required by law, including but not limited to interruption of business or loss of business or loss of profit or damage to related components resulting from the use of or inability to use the product, or any breach of warranty or any defect in the product, even if Genie shall have been advised of the possibility of such potential losses or damages. This warranty is given in addition to consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and does not exclude them. To the extent permitted by law, all other warranties, conditions, representations, assertions and statements are expressly excluded and are not authorized to be made with respect to the product.
This warranty is given by
Genie Performance Exhausts Pty Ltd.
Unit 2, 29-39 Business Dr, Narangba, QLD 4504 Telephone: (07) 3203 2333